Tuesday, April 28, 2015


                  We had such good weather for the 2 weeks at Treasure Island, and Ayden
                   was a waterbug.  He seems to really enjoy being in the pool.  Fun to see
                   how he does next year.
                  After we finished at the Timeshare in Treasure Island we got Sheila, Ayden
                  & Darren back to the airport, we went back to the Condo and packed getting
                  ready to pull out Saturday morning heading back to Sarasota to the RV.


 So Saturday morning we checked out of the Condo, and headed to
Sarasota.  We did not do much Sunday & Monday Kent made an
appointment at the Honda dealership to take care of a recall on the
car.   Tuesday Cheryl & Dave came over and we drove down to
                            Sharky's restaurant and ate.  It was delicious.  I cannot remember
                            the name of the entre but Cheryl & Dave had had it before and that's
                            why they wanted to go back.
We drove on down to Caspersen Beach to look for more sharks teeth.
It was kind of windy and the waves were coming in pretty hard, plus
the beach was covered in seaweed. 

 Just taking a break...
We found several shark's teeth again, but this was
the biggest I found this day.  Dave had one about the
same size. 
We always  stop at the sign and take a picture.
Cheryl is holding a piece of coral that I found on the
beach.  It was pretty much buried, and I pulled it out
of the sand. 
An up close view of the coral.
Well so our day at Caspersen was a fun day again
with friends.  So we said our goodbyes as we are
leaving in the morning or whenever we get everything
packed in the motorhome and car.
I know, I know....what can I say,  we even sent
things home with Von & Jenny.  If we hadn't
we would never have gotten everything in!
You bought things to ! lol
So we got everything in & pulled out about 12:30.
When we left the park it was 90 degrees, and we
had the air conditioner on.  By the time we arrived
home it was 46 degrees, and we had the heat on.
Gees !
The first night of travel we stayed in a campground
just off I-75, so we could run the air conditioner
plugged in. 
Believe it or not this is a homemade Truck Camper.
I didn't get a side view, couldn't believe when it passed
us, I couldn't get my camera quick enough !  Not sure
even how he gets into it.  To each his own !
The second night we stayed here at a county park
just outside of Chattanooga.   You can see the pond
that it sets beside from I-75

Do you see that big yellow thing !   Seems like
we see them where ever we go.  Oh that was in
our other lifetime,  and we have moved on.  lol
This is about the only time we got into heavy traffic.
We kept moving so it wasn't too bad of an experience.
Kent says he thinks we were going into Nashville.
Snapped some pretty flowers growing from the rocks.
We stopped in Franklin, Tennessee at this antique mall
to take a break.
We pulled in to get fuel and saw these HUGE tires.
How would you like to buy a set of them!!
Rain, Rain go away.   In the 4 months we were
in Florida we only saw rain maybe 4 days, so to
come back to cool temps, & rain was very
unpleasant.  Shelly kept telling me we should not
leave yet, that we needed to stay to the end of the
month, which we were paid up to, but we were
ready to come home, just would have liked to have
had better weather to come home to. 
This is the monitor for the back camera on the motorhome.
And that is our car behind us.  So in this monitor
You see the car.
Now you don't see the car!!
We had stayed overnight at a rest park and when
Kent went to prepare the car, the battery was dead.
He eventually got it started, so ok we're ready to roll.
Pulling out of the rest park and Just before entering
the interstate, he slows down really fast and has a
terrified look on his face.  In a split second when he
put on his turn signal it cancels the view of the car,
and he knows that
so after the morning he was having, he thought
the car had come unhooked!  Wasn't going to tell
that but Oh why not!
We finally arrived at Sheila & Darrens'.  We did
lunch with them, visited a little more then headed home.
It was about 5:30 when we got home, and boy did it
Until our next adventure
Kent & Martha

1 comment:

  1. Well another great Blog Mom!!! You did great on the blogs while on Vacation and I really enjoyed reading them BUT IT IS REALLY GOOD TO HAVE YA BACK HOME FOR AWHILE. SO GLAD YA HAD A GREAT TIME IN FLORIDA!!! You definitely fit in with the other SNOW BIRDS WHO FLY SOUTH EVERY WINTER. YOU WERE SOME REALLY COMFORTABLE LOOKING BEACH BUMS!! LOVE YA BOTH BUNCHES :)